Terms and Conditions
1. The “#newyearnewlook2020” (“Contest”) is organised by Appth Space Sdn Bhd (“Organiser”).
2. This Contest shall commence from 1st January 2020 till 14th February 2020 (“Contest Period”).
3. The Organiser reserves the right to modify, postpone, re-schedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the Contest at any time without giving prior notice.
4. This Contest is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Malaysia without age limitation. (“Participants”)
5. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude and/or disqualify Participants who do not fall within the category of Participants and/or who are in breach of the Contest Rules and Regulations.
6. Contest eligibility: To qualify for the Contest, Participants are required to:
i) “Follow” @groomify official facebook page.
ii) “Post” your 2020 new look selfie to FB with hashtag
iii) “Tag” @groomify, @sinchewmetro, @(your hairdo salon)
iv) The post for content participation should be a type of Public post.
- Two (2) x return economy class airfares departing from the Malaysia capital city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner, arriving into Tokyo, and departing from Osaka during December 2020 (travel during peak periods and embargo periods may be restricted), valued at up to approximately RM4, 000.00 and hair care products worth RM1,000.00.
- Minimum 6 month passport validity is required at time of travel.
- This prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods or services.
- The following costs are to be paid by passengers: travel cost to and from airports, travel insurance, accommodation, excess baggage, meals, all taxes, fuel levies and surcharges, and all other travel related and add-ons.
- Tickets cannot be reissued for re-routes and a maximum of one date change is permitted. Any change fees are the responsibility of the prize winner.
- Salon doing this hairdo will receive Gackpack Salon System free for 1 year.
2nd – 5th Prizes
- Second till fifth placing winners will be rewarded with hair care products worth of RM1, 000.00.
- Salon doing these hairdo will receive Gackpack Salon System free for 1 year.
Most “Tag” Prizes
- Salon with most tag will receive a trophy, certificate and Gackpack Salon System free for 1 year.
- The Organiser shall have absolute right to substitute the prizes with any other prizes of similar value as determined by the Organiser at any time without giving prior notice.
- The Organiser hereby disclaims all liabilities towards the quality and life span of the Prizes including technical failure and malfunction. Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner(s) without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
8. Winner Selection
At the end of the Contest Period, Eligible Entries will be selected as Winners in accordance with the selection process below (“Winners”). The following is the selection process adopted to determine the Winners:
Completed all the steps in Condition 6
The photo with most “Liked” (5 winners)
The salon with most “Tag” (1 winner)
9. The Organiser will, as soon as practical, announce the result of this Contest within one (1) calendar days from the completion of the Contest period. The announcement will be made available at the Organiser’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groomify/
10. The winner(s) shall contact the Organiser within seven (7) days (“Prizes Collection Period”) from the winner announcement date to arrange for the collection of the prizes at the time and date decided by the Organiser. Venue of prizes presentation will be at:
Sin Chew Media Corporation Bhd
No 19, Jalan Professor Khoo Kay Kim, PJS13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
11. Redemption of prizes by winners from the Organiser will be valid for one (1) month upon receiving a letter of redemption from the Organiser.
12. For collection of the Contest Prizes, Identification of NRIC displaying the full name and a photograph of the Winner will be required.
13. Failure to claim the prizes within the Prizes Collection Period shall result in the winner(s) being disqualified by the Organiser and prizes will be forfeited.
14. Under special circumstances and subject to the absolute discretion of the Organiser, a Winner may nominate a designated representative to collect the Prize. The representative will be required to present a written authorization letter from the Winner and photocopy of Winner’s NRIC (front & back).
15. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Organiser in all matters relating to this Contest (including the selection of the winners) shall be final and binding. No correspondences will be entertained.
16. By participating in this Contest, all Participant(s) agree and acknowledge that the Participant(s) have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Contest.
17. The Organiser shall have the absolute discretion to cancel, add, modify or amend the terms and conditions of the contest as they deem fit without giving any prior notice. Any new or amended terms and conditions will supersede the existing terms and conditions with immediate effect.
18. Any Images or pictorials used in promoting this Contest are purely for illustration purposes only.
Privacy Notice Pursuant to Personal Data Protection Act 2010
In compliance with the laws of Malaysia, the Participants hereby consent and authorize the Organiser to collect, process, safe keep the required details and to disclose the Participants’ personal details to the related parties involved in organising this “#newyearnewlook2020” Contest. Any withdrawal of the Participants’ consent given shall be made in writing and received by the Organiser before the expiry of the Contest Period and in such event, the Participant(s) shall be deemed to have withdrawn from this Contest.